Computer Knowledge Questions | Computer Awareness Quiz For Bank Exams :
Here we are providing the top Computer Knowledge Questions for Bank Examinations with questions and answers. As we all know that any types of banking or government competitive examination there will be one section called computer knowledge, which will be carry around 20 to 30 questions. Now Computer Knowledge Questions for banking or civil services examination has become one of the most important part. In this section, you can score full marks, if you have done good preparation & as well as practices on it. So here we have given top 20 Computer Knowledge Questions for Bank Exams.
1. . The discrepancy between the â€œhavesâ€ and â€œhave-notsâ€ with regard to computer technology is commonly referred to as the digital society.
Answer: False (digital divide).
02. Trend-spotting programs, developed for business, have been used to predict criminal activity.
03. Output devices store instructions or data that the CPU processes.
Answer: False (memory).
04 . The CPU and memory are located on a special circuit board in the system unit called the motherboard.
05. The most common type of memory that the computer uses to process data is ROM.
Answer: False (RAM).
06. Embedded computers are self-contained computer devices that have their own programming and do not receive input.
07. The main difference between a supercomputer and a mainframe is that supercomputers are designed to execute a few programs as quickly as possible,whereas mainframes are designed to handle many programs running at the same time (but at a slower pace).
08. Clicking on an icon with the mouse is a form of giving an instruction to the computer.
09.The most common type of memory that the computer uses to process data is ROM.
10. With a wireless network, it is easier to relocate devices.
11. A Web browser is a special device that is installed in your computer that allows it to communicate with other devices on a network.
Answer: False (network adapter).
12. One of the benefits of becoming computer fluent is being a savvy computer user and consumer and knowing how to avoid viruses, the programs that pose threats to computer security.
13. Being computer fluent means that you should be able to build a computer yourself.
14. Nano structures represent the smallest human-made structures that can be built.
15. Employers do not have the right to monitor e-mail and network traffic on employee systems used at work.
16. Currently, the performance of tasks by robots is based on pre programmed algorithms.
17. Data can be a number, a word, a picture, or a sound.
18. Strictly defined, a computer is a data processing device.
20. Match the following terms with their approximate size:
I. kilobyte A. one million bytes
II. byte B. eight bits
III. gigabyte C. one thousand bytes
IV. megabyte D. one billion bytes
V. terabyte E. one trillion bytes
Answer: C, B, D, A, E.
21. Match the following fields to the related computer technology:
I. medicine A. Internet research and virtual tours
II. business B. data mining
III. law enforcement C. robotics and simulation
IV. education D. computer forensics
V. archeology E. digital recreations of ruins
Answer: C, B, D, A, E.
22. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. data A. the main circuit board in the system unit
II. memory B. the representation of a fact or idea (unprocessed information)
III. output C. processed data or information
IV. storage D. holds instructions or data that the CPU processes
V. motherboard E. data or information that can be accessed again
Answer: B, D, C, E, A.
23. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. software A. transforming data into information
II. hardware B. data that has been organized or presented in a meaningful fashion
III. operating system C. any part of the computer that you can physically touch
IV. processing D. a set of computer programs that enables hardware to perform different tasks
V. information E. the most common type of system software, it controls the way in which the computer system functions
Answer: D, C, E, A, B.
24. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. printer A. storage device
II. scanner B. output device
III. RAM C. input device
IV. CPU D. a type of memory
V. CD drive E. processor
Answer: B, C, D, E, A.
25. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. mainframe A. the most expensive computers that perform complex calculations extremely rapidly
II. supercomputer B. a computer that provides resources to other computers connected to a network
III. embedded computer C. a large, expensive computer that supports hundreds or thousands of users simultaneously
IV. PDA D. a self-contained computer device that usually performs pre programmed functions such as temperature control
V. server E. a small mobile computing device
Answer: C, A, D, E, B.
For More Computer Knowledge Questions And GK Related Topics logon to our official Portal : erecruitment.online.